[C320-list] Fuel pump

Jerry's Iphone jellyroll02 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 07:19:13 PDT 2023

Another question from a mechanically challenged guy who loves to sail.
I had a dock mechanic winterize the boat last winter. He told me that there seemed to be too much water in the fuel and suggested fuel polishing. I had a local marine service do it. After starting the boat last week for the first time, it ran for a while then cut off and would not restart. Dock mechanic checked it and said it’s the fuel pump that probably got gunked up from the polishing. He said we’ll need a new one. I’m starting to wonder if he knows what he’s doing, or possibly if his advice is self serving.

Any and all wisdom you have to share is appreciated.

Jerry Sheets
JellyRoll  #890