[C320-list] Cutlass bearing

Albert Kitten brahmanykite at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 01:01:24 PST 2023

There should be 2 in S/S. I use a drill when the bearing is in place to put
a small dimple on the bearing shell. Small. Torch. Just enough so the
screws seat just into the dimple which stops the possibility of the bearing
turning its housing,  I measure the distance from the outside of the strut
through the threaded hole to the bearing shell with a vernier calliper to
guide my judgement with the length of the screw.
Yes, do not over tighten. It will deform the bearing.

Having said all of that, I'm pretty anal with my boat. Most people just
push the bush in nip the screws and walk away and change the bearing next
haul..
 After all the 320 drive set up is pretty agricultural and simple.
Not advise here. It's just what I do.
Cheers.