[C320-list] Outhaul

Gary Magnuson gary.magnuson at frontier.com
Wed Dec 27 09:15:15 PST 2023

 Hello, How do I get my email address changed?My current email address is gemagnuson at gmail.comGary Magnuson
Time A Weigh #205

    On Sunday, December 24, 2023 at 12:54:47 PM CST, Mark Seyler via C320-list <c320-list at lists.catalina320.com> wrote:

 On my No. 232, the wire outhaul is connected to a block inside the boom.  The rope part of the outhaul runs through that block, and another one fixed inside the boom, to provide a multi-part purchase on the outhaul.  (I'm pretty sure it's a 3-part purchase, but I'm not at the boat to confirm that right now.)  If you wanted to go to all-rope, you'd either need to replace the wire strop from the block at the aft end of the boom to the clew of the sail, or give up the mechanical advantage from the multi-part purchase.

Mark Seyler
S/V Reality,
Catalina 320, #232
New Orleans, LA