[C320-list] Remove & Replacing Front Loading Refrigerator

Albert Kitten brahmanykite at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 17:30:50 PST 2023

Hi,
We went through the pain too. I carefully sanded about 4mm off the upper
teak trim in front of the fridge and oiled the raw surface later.
Yes 4 screws and slide the fridge and plate as far as possible.
I layed a 20 litre water container on the floor to support everything as it
emerged. Lifted the fridge to the sink and manoeuvred the thing out.
We fitted a dometic :( which had a different rubber footing spacing and had
to change the holes in the plate to suit.
Come summer it couldn't cool enough with a respectable duty cycle and
flattened the batteries. Got it checked and it worked fine in the open.
The dometic with smaller cooling fins draws air sideways where the waeco
drew air from back to front. We enlarged the air vent but still used
excessive power.
For us it was a disaster in summer.
The dometic is now an expensive bar fridge at home.
We put a slider in and fitted a 46 litre portable fridge freezer.
Colder with less current draw and easy to remove.
Not recommending this or the method but it's what we did.
All the best,