[C320-list] Gas spring for port cockpit locker

Michael Leschisin mleschisin at imagestudios.com
Sat Feb 18 11:17:01 PST 2023

Has anyone found a gas strut solution for the frig’ lid?

I lost a fingernail and nearly a finger tip last summer when trying to open it with wet hands.  I tried the friction hinges from Gem Lux but their match for the existing hinges have 40 inch pounds of friction.  It is so much that I could not get the lid to completely close and I was a little alarmed at how much force was being put on just a few shallow screw in the counter top.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Michael Leschisin

Wild Blue Yonder
C320 #995