[C320-list] New Battery Chemistry

Jack Brennan jackbrennan333 at outlook.com
Tue Feb 21 06:22:46 PST 2023

What is the situation with insurance?

Cruisers Forum and similar sites are full of declarations that insurance companies will not cover a claim unless the batteries and charging system are professionally installed.

I would love to install lithium, but it seems a bit  risky. Manufacturers with limited track records, conflicting claims on safety, etc.

On the other hand, most of us already have lithium on board in phones, tablets, power drills, handheld radios and more.

Jack Brennan
Sonas, 1998 Catalina 320
Tierra Verde, Fl.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy A32 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone