[C320-list] Replacing Nav Instruments

mseyler at cox.net mseyler at cox.net
Tue Feb 21 13:45:13 PST 2023

I replaced my 1994 vintage Autohelm instruments, 2008 vintage Garmin GPS
742, and 2011 vintage X-5 autopilot last year with Raymarine i50/i60
instruments, Axiom 9 MFD, and an EV100 wheel pilot.  I'm pretty happy so
far.  Because they were all Raymarine products I ran everything through a
"SeatalkNG" network, which made everything pretty much "plug and play."

I'd say it's more important to diagram the network you want to end up with
than the network you have now, as I wasn't able to re-use most of the old
cabling for anything but pulling messenger lines from one place on the boat
to another.

There were various choices to make along the way, and if anyone wants to
discuss in more detail you're welcome to contact me off-list.

Mark Seyler
S/V Reality,
Catalina 320, #232
New Orleans, LA