[C320-list] New Battery Chemistry

Christopher Nichols cinichols at btinternet.com
Wed Feb 22 06:49:45 PST 2023

   I think one of the other big challenges is in the interaction between
   battery BMS and your alternator. The sudden disconnection of a fully
   charged battery from the alternator can create huge spikes that fry
   alternator diode packs.
   I know there are smart gubbins to prevent this problem but I have low
   confidence of anything that is so highly stressed lasting a long time
   in a marine environment.
   I for one will favour keeping at least one FLA cell in the system to
   absorb spikes.
   Chris

   On 22 Feb 2023 03:49, Bruce Heyman via C320-list