[C320-list] Plastic Fuel Tank

Jeff Smith svsailmates512 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 06:32:22 PST 2023

To all,

Has anyone replaced their fuel tank with a plastic tank? I have my tank out and had planned to replace it with an Ezell with no baffles and an inspection port. I was corresponding with the factory on a different matter (Warren Pandy), and he indicated that going without a baffle may not be a good thing. He suggested just recoating my tank (it is not currently leaking) and making sure I keep it elevated while in the boat.

So, now I am second guessing the Ezell order and thought about a plastic tank as a possible option. The other option is that I could cut my current tank and install two clean-out ports to clean on both sides of the baffle (recoating it like Jeff Hare did using bedliner spray paint). But, the front port would be a one-time use only, because it would not be accessible in the boat.

Any thoughts?
Jeff, ’94 #121