[C320-list] Full vs. partial batten mainsails

Steve Weinstein srw_jags at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 6 10:18:09 PDT 2023

 I have a Doyle full-batten main, loose footed, with the Doyle stack-pack and lazy jacks on Vega.  I like the performance of the sail, especially when the wind kicks up over 15knts.  One of the upper battens is just long enough to hang up on the backstay in light air and needs a little coaxing to pop through.  But with a little breeze, it tacks through nicely.  The stack-pack and lazy jacks make stowing it easy.  For club racing, we drop the lazy jacks and roll up the stack-pack bag and tie it to the boom, which works out nicely.  Easy to re-deploy.
Steve WeinsteinVega 2000 C320 #722