[C320-list] Icebox gasket replacement

Bruce Heyman BruceHeyman at cox.net
Tue Jul 25 15:30:33 PDT 2023

Hi Scott,
We undertook this project a few years ago and I've been very pleased with
the result.  We had a fair amount of clean up to remove all the old glue and
a pervious owner's attempt to fix the problems with contact cement.   We
found a D shaped gasket with self-stick on the long flat edge.  We then cut
45% connections in the joint after making sure that it would all be tight.
We went with a material that was fairly firm and slightly thicker than that
gap.   Now when you close it there is a very pleasing thump.
Best,
Bruce

Bruce Heyman
Somerset #671   San Pedro (LA) California