[C320-list] Raymarine Autopilot

ptormey 4square.net ptormey at 4square.net
Fri Jun 2 10:26:35 PDT 2023

Jeff Hare has posted detailed info for that conversion and with his help, I completed it on Blue Skies #1037 2 years ago. VERY happy with the result.

BUT The only thing I could re-use was the rudder angle indicator, and you might not even have one of those.

The new Powerhead is NMEA 2000 which is great BUT you might have to update you existing stuff too.  The kit is complete from Raymarine but there is a little an annoying Edson Tiller Arm that was surprisingly expensive and had to be cut to fit. AND the backing plate needs custom machining. Jeff has posted a CAD file for that.

While I do like the look of a finished backing plate, If I'm doing it again, I'd use aluminum for both pieces. You can only see it getting into the bunk headfirst.

Pat

Pat Tormey
Blue Skies S/V
Newport RI