[C320-list] Yet another Dead Fridge - YADF - a couple questions

Paul Hetherington paul at heth.ca
Sun Jun 4 20:22:43 PDT 2023

I see there are lots of very helpful refrigeration replacement threads and
I have read many of them but haven't found an answer to a couple of quick
questions.

If it does turn out to be the problem, can I replace the condenser unit
without replacing the evaporator box?  I understand that both have had a
good life (20+ years old), but it seems to me that replacing the
condenser is a relatively plug and play process? But running the lines for
the evaporator far from pnp.

Also am I safe to assume the Dometic CU-100 is the replacement unit I
should be going after.  Or does that depend on the model I have currently?

I have had it report to me that the unit is dead and haven't been to the
boat to the first round of troubleshooting but I just want to be ready for
next steps.

Thanks for any comments.  Cheers.