[C320-list] [C320- Fresh water leak

Allan Field allanfield47 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 08:56:09 PDT 2023

The hot water heater has a pressure relief valve with a short hose coming
off of it (or should anyway). You might want to try sticking the hose into
an empty plastic bottle of some kind, like a Coke bottle, and see if over
time water collects in the bottle. If so, it's probably time to change out
the pressure relief valve, a simple fix.

Another frequent issue is that the clean out ports on the fresh water tanks
often leak when overfilling. I used to carefully smear Real-Tuff teflon
paste thread sealant, available at Home Depot,  around the port threads.We
didn't drink this water so even if some of the sealant fell into the tank,
I knew it wasn't going into us! This probably is not the best fix for this
issue but it worked for us...

Hope this helps!

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - C387, #103 (formerly C320, #808)
Columbia, MD