[C320-list] C320 genoa car track

surprise thompson87.com surprise at thompson87.com
Thu Jun 8 11:26:21 PDT 2023

Is it possible your 155 is old and blown out?  Is it the stock sail?  Those tended to not hold their shape for more than a few years. The turning block aft of the winches is awfully far back and you should not be getting decent sail shape in that position. (And how do you even use that in anything other than super light air since it can’t have a fair lead?) I Sail with a 145 and find the optimal position upwind in any decent air is about even with the back of the side windows. That’s around 5 holes counting from the back of the track. I haven’t owned the stock 155 for years, but when I did I got decent sail shape in the aft hole position even though the sail was blown out after just a few years of use. Buying a new high quality Genoa was like getting a new boat in terms of reduced weather helm, better pointing, and boat speed.

Another thought: If the sail is decent is it possible your mast is raked too far forward? That would move the optimal lead angle aft.