[C320-list] Need to replace motor mounts and Catalina factory contact

windswept at stx.rr.com windswept at stx.rr.com
Sat Jun 10 15:38:12 PDT 2023

Dave,

I did this and saw some that looked like they would fit.  However, I have the parts diagrams and list that came with WindSwept and preferred to go to WB for replacements.  The PN on that list was discontinued.  There is an updated parts list available on the WB web site and we have two on order from WB now.  The problem is that in my case there is a thin (1/8 -1/4 inch) plate between the bottom of the engine mount and the top of the engine bed.  It is a little hard for me to describe but this plate seems to allow for slightly different motor mount spacing and hole locations.  WindSwept is 28 years old and I have replaced all four mounts in the past and simply reused this plate.   Now the rear mounts need to be replaced due to corrosion and I will need to replace these mounting plates too.   Since you don't have the WB you may not have these adjustment plates and everything I have tried to describe would be foreign to you.

Larry Frank
WindSwept 1995 Catalina 320 #246