[C320-list] Question regarding upgrading Lighthouse OS on new Chart Plotter

Tom Grass tgrass462 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 09:33:22 PDT 2023

Last fall we upgraded the electronics on Bucket List from our Raymarine C80
Chart Plotter and associated Radar to a new Raymarine 9" Axiom MFD and a
Quantum 18" Q24C Radar.  These new units are running Lighthouse 4x.x OS.
The other electronics currently on board are the ST 60+ Wind Instrument
(Raymarine) and the ST60 Raymarine Depth Display and a Raymarine P70
Autopilot.

I believe the newer instruments (Axiom MFD), Quantum Radar and P70
Autopilot are linked on a NEMA 2000 network while the older ST60+ Wind
Instrument and ST60 Depth Display are linked via NEMA 0183.  IRISH was able
to get these older and newer units working with each other.

My question is - *should we aggressively update the Lighthouse Operating
System on the new MFD to the latest version - or just keep the OS as is -
and not update? * I would like to have your opinion.

Thanks,

Tom Grass
S/V Bucket List
2008 Catalina 320 MK II