[C320-list] Mast Plate / Compression post - 2007 Mark II

James Ingle jimingle89 at gmail.com
Sun May 7 06:33:46 PDT 2023

Hello,

Looking for some guidance on how to remove the mast plate on an 07’ Mark II (hull #1092) I contacted Catalina and they indicated that the mast plate is not part of the compression post, it simply rest on top of it. I have worked on removing the 5200 for several hours and have been able to lightly insert some plastic wedges around 3 sides of the plate and put roughly 1/8 - 1/4” clearance in some areas. The plate however seems bound in the middle to the post and doesn’t seem to be budging. I checked the post down in the keel and it moves freely so If they are “one piece”, I would expect a little movement. There is some plastic trim on the compression post at the headliner joint which isn’t coming out easily, I’m not sure whether that could be part of the issue?
I have seen some documentation on the website of this done on an older boat with pics and all. I’m not sure if things changed over the years? If anyone has been down this  path and could offer some guidance it would be appreciated.
Thank You - Jim Ingle - Rochester NY