[C320-list] Perkins M30 performance

Mark Seyler mseyler at cox.net
Wed May 10 07:54:09 PDT 2023

I have estimated 1/2 gallon per hour running my M30 between 2500-2700RPM, and estimated 5 knots. Actual results are often better than that, but sea state and windage can reduce the actual boat speed for any number of RPMs. For that reason, I would probably take a Jerrycan of diesel on a 150 mile trip, just so I didn’t have to worry about it.

Mark Seyler
S/V Reality
1995 C320, No. 232
New Orleans, LA