[C320-list] Forced air heater ducting

Ade Bateman ade.bateman at outlook.com
Sun May 14 20:10:34 PDT 2023

Hi all,

I am researching installing a diesel forced air heater in the aft port lazarette. This seems like a reasonable location to be able to route the exhaust and easily access the fuel tank. What I am wondering about is how others have routed the ducting into the cabin. Ideally, I would like to have separate vents for the aft cabin, main living space, head, and v-berth. The aft cabin is easy and I'm wondering if I can feed ducting under the galley floor to bring it out under the sinks. I'm not sure how feasible it is to get to the head and v-berth, so I'm looking for ideas.

I'm looking at the Wallas Viking Air, which I've read operates very quietly and which can switch between circulating air from the cabin back through the heater and bringing in fresh air from outside. Any feedback on the Viking Air would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ade.
#257 (1995)