[C320-list] Mast thickness

KEN GEIGER kendgb at aol.com
Wed May 17 12:09:51 PDT 2023

 Google can help you get the correct answer.
See one answer at:   Coarse vs Fine Thread – What Thread Type Do I Need? (tannerbolt.com)
Ken Geiger #765
    On Wednesday, May 17, 2023 at 01:25:41 p.m. EDT, Christian via C320-list <c320-list at lists.catalina320.com> wrote:

 I echo Dave.  My understanding of fasteners, coarser threading is actually
more likely to strip, as there is less surface area on contact, meaning
less resistance, therefore increasing the chance of over tightening.  Finer
threading, more surface area, more friction/resistance to get things "snug"
but not over tighten.  Not to mention the metal is aluminum, which is prone
to stripping to begin with.  Only advantage I could see of coarse threads
using stainless fastener on aluminum is the less surface area of contact
might produce less corrosion.

On Wed, May 17, 2023 at 11:40 AM Dave Hupe via C320-list <