[C320-list] Refrigerator question

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Sun May 21 19:14:45 PDT 2023

I replaced mine last year for $930 including shipping with a complete new LT201-RT4 Nova Kool refrigerator.  It was almost identical to the Cold machine. Works great.
My old unit did pretty much the same as yours but then quit completely.

The Nova Kool was recommended highly by several other owners who did the same thing. It cost a lot less than a new cool machine and is warranted longer.

I didn't see the benefit in messing with my old unit.
I can provide more details if desired.
Dave Hupe
1994 C320 #32

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sun, May 21, 2023 at 9:58 PM, surprise thompson87.com via C320-list<c320-list at lists.catalina320.com> wrote:   My 1999 Alder Barbour cold machine seemed to be running a lot last season, which I took as a sign that it might need refrigerant. I asked the yard if they could help and they told me that they charged it and tested everything. But out on our first cruise of the year the thing runs continuously and won’t cycle off. It is getting cold enough to keep ice frozen, but I have to turn it on and off manually to prevent depleting the batteries. It’s drawing about 85 watts when running. There is a sound of running water at the evaporator. Adjusting the thermostat makes no difference. Any ideas out there as to what might be wrong?  I’m wondering if I should retire it.

Scott Thompson
Surprise, 653 (1999)