[C320-list] Activating glow plugs on 2006 Yanmar 3YM30

David Hayes davidhayes1 at hotmail.com
Sat May 27 20:59:06 PDT 2023

Hi all,
The Yanmar manual says to turn the key to the left for a few seconds to activate the glow plugs for a cold start, but my key will not turn left and there are no marks around the key on the control panel (sticker long since worn off I guess) to tell me if it should.  Does anyone else with a setup similar to mine have any suggestions?
I figure if the key is meant to go to the left then I will look into whether there is any corrosion issue to fix, but there does not appear to be any corrosion issue that I can see.
Googling Yanmar control panels I cannot find one that looks like mine…maybe custom made for Catalina?  I have emailed Warren Pandy to see if he can help.
Any feedback appreciated.
Rgds,
David Hayes
2006 Hull 1087