[C320-list] Another Perkins M30 Overheating Help Thread

P.F. Ross pfrstl at gmail.com
Mon May 29 12:39:42 PDT 2023

Paul,

Your experience sounds very much like mine.  I run at 190 at 2700 rpm
cruise (I have an Autoprop) and have done all the things you have, except
for doing the temp testing with a non contact thermometer.  It has been
this way for many years and over those same many years replacing the temp
sender has been on my list.  I figure it is the only thing I have not done.

I watch the temp gauge like a hawk, but it has always held steady at 190
except for once when I sucked a plastic bag into the raw water intake.  So
at least I know my temp gauge moves!

Frank Ross
Beta Wave #206
Naples, FL  34102