[C320-list] Motor mounts

Rich Allen randnallen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 06:27:38 PST 2023

Our 1995 #265 has a Westerbeke 30B.  If the idle is set too low, the engine
chatters.  The owner's manual states: "The normal idle speed for these
engine models is 1000-1200 rpm at normal engine operating temperatures.
Wherever in this rpm range the engine operates the smoothest, does not
stall when the throttle is restarted and no damper chatter is produced."
Other engines may have a lower idle speed than this one, but it may be a
good idea to check that the idle is set properly so as to not confuse the
symptom as being due to an engine mount.

Rich Allen, Destiny, 1995 #265