[C320-list] Motor mounts

Bruce Heyman BruceHeyman at cox.net
Sun Nov 5 06:59:49 PST 2023

Hi Dave,
My experience has always been that when you have specific rpm's that results in resonance it is either due to shaft whip or misalignment of the shaft.  In the past when I've had that problem it would go away when I aligned the shaft.  Also, my experience is that when a motor mount fails you have very serious shaft misalignment and when you look at the motor mount you will see the rubber is detached from the metal.
Bruce
Bruce Heyman
Somerset #671   San Pedro (LA) California