[C320-list] Cutlass bearing replacement

KEN GEIGER kendgb at aol.com
Sun Nov 19 10:56:51 PST 2023

 Google is your friend.  Google  Martec feathering prop manual
    On Sunday, November 19, 2023 at 12:11:25 p.m. EST, Jacob Lang via C320-list <c320-list at lists.catalina320.com> wrote:

 While replacing my cutlass bearing utilizing the strut pro tool everything was going great. The old cutlass came out no issues. When pressing the new one in the cutlass buckled and ruined the new bearing. I believe this was due to not being lined up straight, but how can you when the tool is resting on the tapered end of the shaft?
I ordered a new cutlass, this time from west marine instead of Catalina direct. Going to try again this time I’ll soak the cutlass in ice water and use dish soap on the outside. Any other suggestions? (Ie greasing the inside of the cutlass?)
Any help is appreciated, thought I was almost done with the job then this. Also need to sort out putting the martec feathering prop back together and back on. If anyone has instructions for a 3000 (the older model) would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,
Jacob