[C320-list] Fresh water system winterization

Kim Chapman capnkim at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 08:05:09 PST 2023

I've always used a shop vac to suck the water out of all the lines. I first
disconnect the line, at the pump, that is coming from the tanks. Using duct
tape, connect this line to the shop vac. Opening one valve at a time this
quickly empties the two tank lines. Let it run a few minutes to get the
last drops out. Then I move to the pressurized side of the pump. Disconnect
this line and connect it (duct tape) to the shop vac. Again I focus on
individual lines. Go to each faucet and open the tap. Put your ear close to
the faucet and listen for the sound of rushing air. If you hear any
gurgling then there is still water in the line. The hot-water lines will
take a much longer time because of the water in the hot-water tank. If you
have a drain plug on the hot-water tank then drain this first.

I have never used antifreeze in these lines.

Cheers...

Kim Chapman
C320 #416
Sanity