[C320-list] Cutlass bearing replacement

Albert Kitten brahmanykite at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 11:55:18 PST 2023

I've done 15 to 20 of these on a few catalinas and stopped using the
bearings with the outer brass / bronze casing after the difficulty of
removing the first one. I gently warm any chill out of the housing with a
heat gun. Warm, not heat.
Make sure there are no burrs in the clean housing. then keep it square, and
keep it square, and keep it square :) If it stops, you stop and measure the
protruding length of the bush on all sides.
I always have a spare which I use next job. All (imoo) cheers.