[C320-list] Steering Friction

Doug Treff doug at treff.us
Mon Oct 16 12:29:55 PDT 2023

Dennis,

I think may be a weather helm issue. When the wind is heavy, if you let go of the wheel, does the boat round up?

That's weather helm. It's not a friction issue. It's more of a balance issue. Try working on mainsail trim and shape to depower the main and reduce weather helm.

And yes, the Wheel Pilot is not powerful enough to handle this effort.

--
Doug Treff
doug at treff.us