[C320-list] Steering Friction

Ferris Wills ferriswills707 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 11:12:36 PDT 2023

Hi Dennis,

I sail often in high winds (sf bay you can find 20+ nearly every summer day), and I can’t imagine doing that comfortably without using the traveler. The PO had line slots sewn into the dodger to give access to those funky traveler cams - not ideal, but it works. You might want to consider doing that.

Moving the traveler down wind is one of my first moves, and I even do it with my first (and sometimes second) reef set.

I have a 110% jib and that is often reefed as well. I find the boat will maintain a nice light helm in 25 knots if the trim is good.

Ferris Wills
(Argo, #505)

Typos by iPhone