[C320-list] Fuel Tank Replacement

Bruce Heyman BruceHeyman at cox.net
Sun Oct 29 08:17:40 PDT 2023

Hi Dan,
Unfortunately one day you will open the boat up to the aroma of diesel.  You will look in the bilge and find that the tank is weeping into the bilge.   The original tanks were 0.087 inch thick and I think the new one that I replaced ours with was 0.125.   That should add some robustness to the design.   Doing everything you can to keep water from remaining stagnate inside the tank will help immensely.  Also, need to make sure nothing is in contact on the outside of the tank that can cause galvanic corrosion or hold moisture against the surface.

Bruce Heyman
Somerset #671   San Pedro (LA) California