[C320-list] How long after launch?

Christian ccaper at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 12:38:52 PDT 2024

I'm in Chicago.  I'm on a cradle on average from about October 1st through
Memorial Day weekend, so longer than you.  And after splash, I have to
motor for about an hour down a river, then a 2.5 hour sail to get to my
harbor.  My yard usually splashes me on Friday morning, and I'm off the
dock by the next day, Saturday, by 11am and heading to my harbor, with
engine running an hour to get down a river.  One year I launched, a repair
required an engine start on splash for inspection, and started my engine
within an hour of splashing.  I've known a few friends at my yard that
requested a last min day of splash and go, which the yard did (so engine
was running for over an hour within 30 mins of a splash).  Don't know if
that helps, but I've had no concerns of starting my engine within an hour
of splashing.  My bigger concern, after being on the hard that long, is
ensuring the boat has been in the water long enough to show any signs of
seacock leaks before I get off the dock.
-Christian "Canuck" 1994 C320 #138 Monroe Harbor Chicago, IL