[C320-list] How long after launch?

Bruce Heyman BruceHeyman at cox.net
Wed Apr 3 17:48:34 PDT 2024

Hi Bruce,
I don't see any reason for not starting the engine and getting underway the
minute you splash.  You do need to make sure that you "burp" the dripless
seal if you still have one that does not have a vent.  And you should make
sure you have good flow of cooling water from the exhaust.  I have had times
where an air lock seemed to keep the latter from happening.  So I can't
think of any damage you would do to anything by getting underway right away.
If for some reason you have to align the prop shaft you should wait at least
a day and preferably three before you do the alignment.  Hope I'm not
missing something.
Very best,
Bruce

Bruce Heyman
Somerset #671   San Pedro (LA) California