[C320-list] Swim Ladder and Dinghy Davits

ptormey 4square.net ptormey at 4square.net
Wed Apr 10 06:18:42 PDT 2024

Very happy with my dinghy davits except that it blocks the swim ladder when underway. That ain't good for my man-overboard recovery plan.
C320-er's already know that the ladder is tricky to deploy from the water but it can be done.

Short of adding another ladder to the transom I'm looking for cost effective solutions.
Currently I'm toying with putting a hinge between the 2nd and 3rd steps to allow the ladder to store 'shorter' and clear the dink BUT fall open into a locked position.

Before I grab my hacksaw:
a) Has anybody solved this problem?
b) Anybody wanna guess at a solution?

thanks