[C320-list] 4D Batteries

P.F. Ross pfrstl at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 07:04:42 PDT 2024

Art,

A potential problem with simply hooking up your charged Group 27 battery to
a dead 4D, is that that battery pair will soon assume a voltage level
somewhere between the two, perhaps not leaving you with enough voltage to
push the current needed for your starter.

A better setup, albeit one that requires a fair amount of work, is to have
the reserve Group 27 battery on its own circuit through the battery switch
with the two 4Ds in parallel as the house battery.  There is much
documentation on the website as to how other owners have done this.

I have always found marinehowto.com a very helpful site, so you may want to
take a look at this article:
https://marinehowto.com/1-2-both-battery-switch-considerations/

Frank Ross
Beta Wave #206