[C320-list] Fresh water tank treatment

ART HARDEN artstree at aol.com
Mon Apr 22 18:37:22 PDT 2024

Sara:

I generally keep several pints of hydrogen peroxide on the boat. I will put one bottle of hydrogen peroxide in when I fill the tank. Chlorine also works but can leave a smell, and sometimes and after taste.

One of the best uses of hydrogen peroxide is eliminating the rotten egg smell from the hot water heater. I made an adapter for the hot water hose and can put a pint of hydrogen peroxide directly into the water heater. The drain hose on the water heater is just long enough to reach above the sink.  With the pump off, open the head sink and then you can inject the peroxide directly into the water heater. The open head facuet relieves the  tank  pressure. The smell will be gone immediately.

Sent from my iPhone
Art Harden
Catalina 320 "Tortuga" E-62
937.885.9380 (o)