[C320-list] Question for Hans: Nova-Cool RT6

Hans Dose hans.dose at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 16:52:10 PDT 2024

It came with spacers to give it some cooling room from the back edge, just as the old units used. As I recall (Nov. ‘21), the hole patterns didn’t line up, which meant adding some new holes and filling some old ones. Or perhaps it was because the old unit mounted on the inboard wall and I mounted this on the aft wall.  Anyway, no big deal but place it low enough that the lid on top opens sufficiently (though not necessarily fully).

Another note: The factory (or whomever) installed the original Adler Barbour incorrectly which caused the copper lines to disintegrate inside the fridge box. It’s because they put the insulation over the tubing INSIDE the box to where it exits rather than OUTSIDE the fridge box starting at the exit. I found that out when I called Nova Kool for tech support on where to place the insulation.

Hans Dose
C-320 Hull #569
Alamitos Bay - Long Beach, CA