[C320-list] Port light?

John Stetson jbstetson721 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 17:47:01 PDT 2024

Jeff,

We had the same problem with the port lights; all were beginning to leak.
I first changed all the O-rings on the dogs with a kit from Catalina
Direct.  It did not fix the leaks.  I contacted Lewmar and they provided
directions for repairing frame leaks in older boats.  Attached is a pdf of
the repairs.

In short, you will see two horizontal frame joints on the exterior of each
port.  They are filled (or were) with a gray material.  With the frames in
place, remove as much of the old gray material as possible and fill the
joints with fresh silicone.  This instantly solved all the leaks.

Good luck.

John Stetson
Morning Star Again, Hull #578
802-343-5233 (C)