[C320-list] Oops! There goes the forestay

P.F. Ross pfrstl at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 08:01:01 PDT 2024

Ferris,

A few years ago, I wanted to adjust my headstay tension and so had to move
my Schaefer roller furling out of the way to do it.

I followed the Schaefer manual and as I recall, it was not a bad job.
Biggest chore was removing the jib.

You will also need to support the furling assembly higher on the forestay
while you inspect/adjust.  Can't exactly remember how I did this, perhaps
just a hose clamp on the forestay to keep the furler in place or maybe even
some rigging tape.

Frank Ross
Beta Wave #206