[C320-list] [EXTERNAL] Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Larger fuel tank and hello

Jeff Smith svsailmates512 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 16:42:17 PST 2024

I replaced my tank and fuel lines last year. Regarding the inspection port,
if you get a tank with a baffle, I think you need a port on either side of
the baffle. One of them would not be reachable due to location. I decided
the original tank lasted almost 30 years, and it was “pretty clean.” I
won’t own the boat in another 30 years, so we went with the original Ezell
tank with a baffle no inspection port. By the way, Ezell charges $150 for
each inspection port.
We also considered Jeff Hare’s design but I did not want to do any glass
work either.

Prior to this, I installed an electric fuel pump. After removing all of the
fuel lines and the tank, all I had to do was turn on the electric fuel pump
and loosen the bolt into the injection pump. The electric pump purged all
the air. I left the pump on and the boat started and ran without issue.

Good luck,
Jeff