[C320-list] Trouble starting Yanmar 3GM

Robert Dean robrtdean at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 8 12:22:34 PDT 2024

 There was a Service Advisory issued by Yanmar on Nov 1 2000 that addressed a similar problem. Call Yanmar for details.
    On Sunday, July 7, 2024 at 01:16:54 PM EDT, Louis Friedman via C320-list <c320-list at lists.catalina320.com> wrote:

 Hi all,

We have a 1999 320, previous owner had told me that the Yanmar when cold
would not start unless it was primed with the manuel fuel pump. He had
thought there might be a fuel leak.  I had our marina check it out(they are
certified for Yanmar engines) - they could not find any leaks and thought
it was fine. If the engine has been run within a day, it's fine. But more
than that and it needs priming to get fuel in the line - any other thoughts
on why this would be. Anyone have a similar issue?

Lou Friedman
s/v Miss Adventure
Hull #623