[C320-list] Yanmar 3GM issues

Jeff Smith svsailmates512 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 15:11:34 PDT 2024

How many hours on the engine? This is how many problems started on my
Perkins with approx. 1,150 hours. After much troubleshooting, I had my
injectors and injection pump rebuilt (not at the same time). That solve the
issue.

The advice the shop gave me was to start with a clean container of diesel
and work backwards from the injection pump. It is probably with changing
the two filters first (approx. $50), before you start taking fuel lines
loose and plugging them into the clean tank of diesel. However, this method
is how I diagnosed my issue.

I also installed ann electric fuel pump. I simply turn it on after changing
the filters. It usually eliminates the need to bleed the system, or it
makes bleeding extremely easy.

Good luck,
Jeff