[C320-list] Issues with ST4000+ Autopilot

Dennis Cookson dennis at cooksons.net
Mon Jul 15 01:54:46 PDT 2024

John, check that the ST4000 controller is showing the correct position of the rudder at the bottom of the display, adjusting as you turn the wheel. If not, check the wiring from the rudder reference unit (position indicator) to the SmartPilot unit in the aft lazarette.

Your vessel was built at the same time as ours and we likely have the same system!  I am currently relocating my rudder reference device as it was never installed properly and only worked in light winds.

Dennis Cookson
‘Catalina’ 0577