[C320-list] Yanmar 3GM issues

ART HARDEN artstree at aol.com
Thu Jul 18 21:40:24 PDT 2024

Having tools on board are great idea. However, a lot of the tool kits are not very waterproof or moisture proof. I have three different plastic ammunition boxes, which I use for protecting tools. I have one small one back in the engine compartment under the aft berth which has a fuel filter, shaft, seal, packing, seal, wrenches, packing removal tools, engine impeller, and several other miscellaneous items.

I have two other ammo boxes which contain drillbits, wrenches, small hammer, pliers, and other miscellaneous tools. The reason for the ammo boxes is that they are waterproof and protect all the tools from rusting. However, I must admit I do have a tool kit in its factory case, and I have not had much issue with rust since I finally was able to control water in the bilge. After the dressing, my Catalina smile, resealing the keel bolts, replacing the knot and depth transducers, I now have a dry bilge. That made a big difference in the moisture in the boat.

Sent from my iPhone
Art Harden
Catalina 320 "Tortuga" E-62
937.885.9380 (o)