[C320-list] Deck diesel fill cap

KEN GEIGER kendgb at aol.com
Mon Jul 22 07:57:52 PDT 2024

Marina staff chopped off my diesel cap chain with the fuel nozzle and cap went to the water.  Marina gave me something that fit but I bought the Caralina Direct assembly thinking to use just the cap.  The cap OD was too big so I had to turn it down slightly in a lathe.  Now it fits but with no safety chain.
Ken Geiger#765 2000 Northern Dream amongst the 30 Thousand Islands

Sent from AOL on Android

  On Mon, Jul 22, 2024 at 10:46 a.m., Jerry's Iphone via C320-list<c320-list at lists.catalina320.com> wrote:   I dropped my diesel fill cap in the water recently. I found a replacement at West Marine but it’s not a perfect fit. I’m concerned about water getting in. I searched Catalina direct and Catalina parts with no success. Catalina Direct sells the stainless caps with the pipes but don’t see the need to replace all but may have to.

Any other ideas?

Jerry Sheets
JellyRoll  2002  #890