[C320-list] Fuel line

Bob Borelli cassattc22 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 27 06:38:21 PDT 2024

Thank you all you Perkins Perama M30 engine owners for your continuous priceless experienced commentary on how to resolve M30 issues!

 A no start is a symptom but not necessarily the cause of a 'no start'.
For the first time at the beginning of this season I had my first & continuous 'no start' to 'hard to start' my M30.
First I assumed the worst, but after several checks, I found that the Racor filter needed a few turns to tighten into the gasket.
Air leak into the fuel supply.
65 diesel hours later this season, the M30 continues to start as reliably as before.

A very good idea to change the fuel supply & return hoses.
Replace the Racor assembly with new.
Fuel pump from Parts4Engines inexpensive, I'm thinking why not have one available.
And if there is gunk in the fuel tank then must have the tanks fuel polished & the tank bottom, cleaned if that's possible.
And always the potential for the old aluminum fuel tank to leak & require replacement, based on the many reoccurring experiences provided on this list.

Its all worth when I'm under sail!

Bob Borelli   1995 Perkins M30 on no. 209    Sassafras River, MD