[C320-list] steering issue

Greg Arnold greg-arnold at gmx.com
Tue Jul 30 18:45:03 PDT 2024

One guess:

You were under sail with the wheel autopilot on.  When you dropped sails
the boat turned to the left.  The AP went hard to the right trying to
keep you on course.  You then turned off the AP but did not release the
brake.  So the wheel stayed hard to the right. There was considerable
resistance when you tried to turn the wheel to the left, so you did not
center it.