[C320-list] Head odors

Bob Borelli cassattc22 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 3 05:41:00 PDT 2024

Another suggestion for pumping out water from the bilge, two locations.

  1.
starboard side, remove cushoin & panel, I stick the suction hose from a hand pump down in front of the holding tank, thru an opening towards the keel & hand pump water into the galley sink.
  2.
 port side, remove galley cabinets & hand pump water from the bilge, turn the suction hose towards the keel.  I cut a hole in the bottom of the cabinet underneath the lower drawer so I can just remove the drawer & insert suction hose.

Regards the holding tank hoses, wrap a warm wet rag around the hose, let it dry.  Take it off, smell odor then replace hoses.  Not a difficult job.
New hoses & no longer odor on my boat.
Plus an occasional StarBrite bilge cleaner left to slosh around in the lower bilge helps a great deal.
My tank has an opening, with a gloved hand I've dried it & wiped in down.
I only use fresh water for flushing.
Other thoughts are to use a long thin brush to push thru the inaccessible openings in the bilge to clean.
Fill the bilge with water & cleaner.
Remove the wood sole panels for access to clean.

Bob Borelli 1995 C320  no. 209