[C320-list] cockpit drain hoses

wdoc1 at aol.com wdoc1 at aol.com
Thu Jun 6 10:12:42 PDT 2024

DIVERSION, #714/2000, came to me with hoses from the scuppers on either side of the helm station draining directly into the aft storage lockers. Rather than having rain and seawater slosh around I plugged the openings with wine corks!
Under usual conditions any water that accumulates in the cockpit readily drains through the open transom, but last night in windy/rainy conditions, a fair amount of water accumulated between the main and aft cockpit seats to leeward while going upwind. This cleared with each tack, but made me wonder how other boats are set up....are the hoses meant to be joined then routed forward directly into the bilge?
Thanks for your input,
Bill McConnell